Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

squealing when turning corners

james90vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
just trying to workout what this squealing noise is coming from my car when i either go round a bend or roundabout quickly and reasonably sharply sounds like metal on metal but really loudly can hear it over the stereo and also anyone know why randomly when i opened my door tonight after a storm last night water poured out from the door it self

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
anyone know why randomly when i opened my door tonight after a storm last night water poured out from the door it self

Re the door leaking water. There are drain holes in the bottom of the door which should be kept clear so that no water is retained.

Behind the decorative door lining there is a plastic sheet stuck on the sheet metal of the inner door carcase. This plastic is stuck to the metal work with something like bear contact adhesive or a good flexible plastic glue so that when water drips towards the inside of the door it is contained by the plastic sheet and is drained through the door's drain holes. My old VT had the plastic sheet shrink, allowed water to get behind the inside of the door trim and as the door was opened it drained through the spaces along where the 3 or 4 retaining screws are located. It was also evident as some water would spill onto the inner sill and wet the carpets if it was raining hard.