Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

converting auto to manual NEED HELP

vn power

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v8 commodore
I have a v6 auto 175kw and now have a sv6 manual as a parts car

My qustion is do I have everything I need between both cars?

How hard is the conversion itself?

And what exactly do I need to change like all parts involved

Thanks guys

mack2210

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Executive , 1998 VT Exec ( Written Off)
Between both cars you should have almost everything you need, the only exception would be if you are not putting the sv6 engine in your car because the ECU in the 175kw is VIN locked to auto software and i believe if you put the 190kw ECU software on you will have some issues. I am currently 90% through doing a Auto to manual conversion my self and apart from having to work out all the little electrical kinks my self it is pretty simple. I used a ECU from a 175kw ute, reprogrammed it and linked it using my Tech 2.

The only wiring you should need to change is the loom section from the auto gearbox that runs through the passenger side firewall to the TCM, and you will need to install 1 relay for the reversing lights and apart from that you should be set. Obviously you will need to install the clutch pedal and change the brake pedal. There are also 2 switches on the clutch pedal that need to be connected but your car should already have the connectors for them under the dash. I am still chasing the speedo on my car but i believe that is just a faulty sensor not a wiring issue.

So all the parts you should need are:

Gearbox
Manual Tailshaft
Clutch pedal
Manual Brake Pedal
Manual section wiring loom
1 Relay ( same as fuel pump reply)
Master Cylinder, slave and plumbing
Shifter
ECU( or VIN from manual car)
Clutch and Flywheel
Under dash Manual Cover
Tech 2 & TIS access (not a part but needed to reprogram car)

I hope I haven't missed anything but hope that helps.