Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bleeding cooling system vz??

beau87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
Hi all, after a bit of help please I am trying to bleed my radiator but I must be doing something wrong coz I can't get it to bleed, can some tell me the correct way to bleed the system. Thanks

pbax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
You can tell when its done as it gets a whirlpool type effect in the filler cap once all bled.

beau87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
Thanks I had it half right, will try again in the morning. Thanks guys

beau87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
So does any one know where I could get a new bleeding screw from??? I just snapped the top off mine doing it up

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
Here you go.

99notout:

Note of thanks for posting the instructions full procedure. I stay involved with this forum like this because members like you take the time and effort to post information that addresses the issue without going off-topic. Greatly appreciated mate.

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
So does any one know where I could get a new bleeding screw from??? I just snapped the top off mine doing it up

Holden will order them in for about $20; last one I queried was about 4 years back. Dealer broke mine during a service. Not a dealer's stock holding item. Maybe these days they are getting more common and carrying them at the dealerships..

beau87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
Thanks mate, I was hoping to get one today, I'll have to call holden in the morning. Hopefully it will hold until I can get one

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Any wreckers that have VZ hit in the front should just give you the bleed screw as the radiator is stuffed, or else just go to a radiator place and ask. They will have a pile ready to go the the recyclers and will give you a bleed screw if they have one.