Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

06 VZ O2 Sensor Fault

Matt_W

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ
Hey guys,

I have been doing some research for a few months now to try and fix my O2 sensor error.
the "Check Powertrain" warning comes up every morning, i bought a scan tool awhile ago on ebay for around $175 (so i can scan and erase the codes) and this is telling my that its the O2 sensors on both bank 1 and bank 2, I went out and replaced all 4 O2 sensors, the Ute ran fine then a week later same error came up. i took the sensors back got them replaced and same thing a week went by and the warning and codes came back. I took it to Holden and payed to have it tested again in case my tool was faulty and theirs came back with the same codes.. i have now replaced both the cats as they were starting to go i reset the fault and once again a week went by then it came back up. dose anyone here have any info that can help me with my problem.
the Ute runs fine when the codes/warning is present there seems to be no sign of power loss or excessive fuel consumption.
this error became present as one day i had put E10 in as i was low on cash (yes, i know not the best option), but since doing all this work i have only used premium fuel in it and has made no sign of difference. i am starting to think it could possibly be a fault in the computer itself..
any info or help at this stage would be greatly appreciated
Eng# LE0
210K km/s
6 Speed manual
Euro Cats were fitted
Rear muffler removed and running straight 2" pipe to rear (if this helps at all)

EHVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ v6
I can't help directly, and you seem to have covered the obvious solutions.

It's interesting that you get a week without the error after any and all changes. If you clear the error without changing anything else, do you also get a week error free?

Does your scan tool just show logged errors or does it provide live data? If it's live data, you can watch the sensor data with and without the fault code presenting and see if there is a difference.

sidecar55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1 9.5 Sportwagon/VE SS Series 2 Ute
Check with an Auto electrician. Could be a wiring fault causing the code. What fault code is logged?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6ltr V6 Alloytec
G'day all. I have had this problem in my 04 Alloytec VZ and sloved it without buying any parts. After having starting issues, I checked the starter motor and found the 2 13mm nuts on solenoid to be a bit loose.
Check the flange near the left O2 senor and tighten the 2 13mm nuts..
Check the Fuse and relay box under the hood. I found a 7.5amp fuse in where a 10amp fuse should be for the ECM/TCM/BCM TELE(V6,V8) connection.

After checking these 3 things my Check Powertran Warning light has gone and has not come back on after 2 weeks. Fuel economy and performance is much much better even with 360,000kms on the clock.
I hope this helps everyone out. and save's you all a fair bit of money $$$..

steveyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
Old thread, but I think my o2 sensors playing up, nothing came up on the tech2 but all signs point to it. Will suss that out, cheers.