Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cammed vz ss 6.0l running rough as!

ciuffa

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz ss 6.0ltr heads n cam
hey guys, recently purchased a vz ss 6.0l.. spoke to tuner and found out the mods were stage 3 cam, so somewhere up in the 230's, 4 into headers, 100 cell hi flows, dual 3" exhaust, 3grand hi stall, mafless tune with otr. now the car was running well, then just the other day it seems to be once the car warms up, while im driving the idle just turns to ****, and when i lightly accelerate it starts like struggling to run and keeps jerking forward n carrying on, but if i give it flat stick it goes well. and then once i slow down to idle it either conks out or idles so close to dying.. it does this off and on.. anyone got any idea what could be the issue here?

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Possibly a vacuum line leak when hot? This would account for the better performance at the higher rpm and engine load.

Are there any fault codes coming up?

Loose bolts at the throttle body, inlet manifold loose, brake booster vacuum line cracked, vacuum line to AC controls cracked. Vacuum purge line for fuel charcoal canister. Any one-way valves faulty (SV6 has one to HVAC).

ciuffa

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz ss 6.0ltr heads n cam
found the problem.. 02 sensors.. replaced both and runs spot on again..