Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Rims.

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Okay!
Recently acquired some sv6 18" wheels for my VZ… I'm aware they need machining, but apparently the studs are an even harder thing to get right? If you have VE 18" rims, please show and share with what you did to them to have the safest/best fit to your VZ!

Show and tell time! :D

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Studs are 12mm on VZ and earlier, 14mm on VE. So if you put VE wheels on your earlier commodore there is a massive gap around studs. Rectify this with spacers (sleeves), or new studs. Or some people just get centring wheel nuts and hope for the best. Or some people just bolt them on with whatever they've got, these people are idiots.

Here are some first hand experiences.....
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vz-holden-commodore-2004-2006/89689-ve-wheels-vz-4.html

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Some people just get centring wheel nuts and hope for the best.

this is what I would do, find a mag nut with a large tapper/acorn shape and make sure that tapper makes contact with the seating area of the rim before even putting them on the car. Never use those poxy stock nuts that come on steel wheels. Holden use a 60 degree tapper, M12 1.5 nut on pre-VEs

Sphector89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 Vx Berlina
i had ve ssv rims on my Vx and centering wheel nuts and + the centre machined and they fit fine no problem, had them on for a few months with no issues