Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS Climate Control

Nathanvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
S13 looking for vz ute
Hey guys

I have a 2005 ss ute I have searched the forum regarding my question but nothing to be found. My climate control works fine except when I choose feet and window it only goes on feet. If I choose window alone its fine but not when I have the setting window and feet.

Also I have a slight ticking noise when the fan is on I assume this is the motor under the passengers feet??

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Mate don't quote me but when in auto mode dosent it go from screen, face ,feet depending on temp selected, taking in consideration inside/outside temperature differences. I know the hand book has a chapter dedicated to its function. If no one else clarifies it up for you I will dig mine up from the filing cabinet and post it up for you.
I would say the ticking noise is probably a leaf caught in the fan duct.

Cheers mate Conrod :smoking:

Nathanvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
S13 looking for vz ute
Yeah I have read through the hand book its not on auto mode its when I select manual it wont select the option feet and screen it just goes on feet but it I press screen alone then its fine. its weird tho worked when I bought it about 2 weeks later this.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
O.K mate, that will help eliminate a few things. With the engine running to create the vacuum needed when you go through (face,feet, screen, bi-level ) can you hear the vacuum open and close the flap in the various stages. Even after the engine has been turned off & ignition turned to accessories it should have enough vacuum to allow at least a check of the above.If you can hear a hissing from behind /under the dash chances are one of the hoses has split/dislodged, or something is fowling /obstructing
best of luck mate, keep us posted.

Nathanvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
S13 looking for vz ute
I just checked then I can hear it change through all the stages whilst running but when off and turned to accessories it will just stay on last setting used when on. I was driving home early this morning and the screen kicked in whilst adjusted to feet and screen then just went away back onto feet only it is like the flap or what not is jammed
thanks for your help