Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Broken K&N Induction Pipe

Chris_Rolfe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Skaife Edition Senator
Hi guys,

Car is a VZ Senator (Ls2). When I pulled my K&N induction apart the other day to clean the throttle body I found that the plastic piping had actually been leaning up against one of the pulleys, this constant rubbing on the pipe has caused a hole, so there has most likely been plastic sucked into the intake manifold and I'm wondering if this could potentially cause any damage to the engine? Also a little tiny bit of oil sitting in the throttle body as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
A little bit of plastic won't hurt anything.
Just move it away from the belt if you can and and tape over the hole for the time being.
As for the oil in the TB that's normal if you don't have a oil catch can fitted, wait till you look inside the manifold.
My original LS2 manifold had pools of oil sitting on the bottom when I fitted the catch can.
These days my catch can gets emptied every 5k oil change and usually has around 10-15mm deep of oil in the catch reservior and the inside of the manifold has only a lite sheen of oil.