Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ accessory switches

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
Hi guys

Im wiring up some accessories in my VZ but I dont want aftermarket switches so im going to be using the spot behind the window switches on the centre console. Most will just have the rubber tray but as some of you will know some models have factory switches instead such as Traction control, ESP, Hill climb, bluetooth and window lock to name a few. The symbol on the switch is irrelevant at this point but im wandering which one you think would be the most suitable as just an on/off switch. The plug and wiring isnt an issue and i can order any of these switches from Holden. The only bit im having trouble with is the functioning on the switches. Some will activate when button is pushed down and some will switch off (I have a general idea on which does what but not 100%).

So if anyone has any of these in their car and is able to tell me how it functions that would be very helpful. Also im not asking anyone to go pulling console apart for me but if you happen to have easy access to the bottom of the switch a picture of the pins/plug and part number would be great.

Following part numbers I already have (function, colour, Part No). Please correct me if ive gotten any wrong.
Blank (black) GM-92111637
Blackout (black) GM-92165679
Bluetooth (??) GM-92172330
T/C (grey?) GM-92111643

Thank you
James

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
All the ones u have mentioned are a momentary on switches and won't do what you want them to do but u can get on/off the symbol is a light bulb similar looking to the fog light switch symbol but with a line going through it they are the ones u want I have 2 of them in our adventra

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pretty certain the one your describing is the blackout switch (probably has another name) cause thats the symbol they have on them. Usually used in police cars for the lights. You can buy kits from JHP but you have to buy whole kit (switch, bezel, plug) and its $130 per switch. Not paying that when I know all the switches are only $20 from Holden.

Auzziephoenix

Typical P Plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jungle Fever R8
Certain specs of the US delivered Pontiac GTOs also had door lock buttons, and also a double hole plate, a double hole at the rear i have a spare one if needed. The Caprice models also had the option of front park assist which i believe only came in black?. And also a hazard button which takes up two holes.

John_ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina LS1
The front park assist button is still a momentary switch. Has a LED in it which lights up when active and they come in black or grey. Hazard switch is the only one that I know of that holds in and as mentioned takes up two spots.

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
None of them stay in when pressed but the function is still active. What i want is when you press it turns on then press again to switch off. It doesnt need to stay pressed down to be active.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
True story, from memory they are a momentary action with latching mechanism. Hence will work just fine... If my memory serves me well.

John_ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina LS1
True story, from memory they are a momentary action with latching mechanism. Hence will work just fine... If my memory serves me well.

Definetly not the case with traction control because every time you start the car you need to switch it off if you don't want it on. Easiest way to find out is to crack out the multimeter.