Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ 1 tonner

brianwanless

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ one tonner
I have just bought a VZ 1 tonner, on the rego paper it's got year of manufacture 2004 on the plate near the rad it's 2004 but in the vin 6G1ZK03B95L, the 5 before the L is supposed to be year. Have I bought a rebirth, or a chop. Also where do I find the oil sender, got the svs message.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
My vz tonner is exactly the same, build date is 12/2004 and number 5 is also my 10th vin character. Who knows why it's like that.
Oil sender/switch locations are V6 alloytec is below the oil filter housing LS1 is behind inlet manifold nearer to left cylinder head.
Just my luck this morning my svs came up also. Plugged scan tool in and according to the codes the left and right banks were both running rich.
Will have to investigate further and then book it in for a tune as I've just fitted extractors, twin 2 1/2 inch manta stainless exhaust and a k&n intake setup.
The manta twin system with dual hotdogs and rear muffler sounds wicked.
Congrats on your purchase the tonners are a sweet ride for two.

dwae01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais (sold), HSV Grange (sold), VZ Cross 6
I have a VZ one tonner that is a Cross 6 (all wheel drive). 5 is the 10th vin character. Mine has the 175 Alloytec (pretty gutless). Currently showing svs and "check power train". Have had the car about 4 years and has been pretty reliable until now. Best of luck with yours.

brianwanless

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ one tonner
Thanks guys, going in for a scan and tune next week. Just had the drivers seat out getting repaired, started the motor with the seat plugs off. Now got airbag problem message and srs and svs on screen. Leaving the battery off tonight to see if that helps.