Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Painting VZ rims

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
hey , I'm about to go and have my VZ rims painted , they are currently shadow chrome and can't decide whether to have them done again in shadow chrome or in a gunmetal black
I will upload pics of the car when I'm back at a computer , can't upload from phone, I sort of like the idea of black rims , anmd a gun metal metal black or a suede black might look good too
any opinions are welcome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 and VK berlina 3.3
Go white, but if ya dead set on one of those 2 colours go the gunmetal

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
wind ya back window up! :D

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
painted mine black a couple months ago, did it myself with a can so not as good as a spray shop\air gun.
these are vy ss rims i had on my old vz.
http://i.imgur.com/04ccaKw.jpg

just to give u an idea. I think black + black looks mint.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah , I'm pretty much decided on the black ones , but it'll come down to price , if it's cheaper to get them re-done in the same colour , then I'll stick with the silver , but if it's around the same price , then black it shall be.
I'm told it's not as easy as it looks as the wheel gets stripped back after the tyre is removed and then redone . I've seen the black I like and I'll upload a photo shortly .

thanks to those who replied . :beer chug:

Attachments

• rim.jpg
    rim.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
should be easy\cheap enough to sand blast em and powder coat them, or get em sprayed in a booth, I can't see it being more expensive to do a different colour. If you got a spare weekend you can do it yourself it's not that hard and save yourself some coin. total cost to do 5 wheels for me (4 + spare) was around $30-40 a wheel, mostly just the cost of the cans as I tried to go heavy and do a decent job.

personally i think the best looking rims on commodore are the older GTS rims. I have black 19" GTX rims on my new VZ.
http://i.imgur.com/gRSe8yw.jpg

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
should be easy\cheap enough to sand blast em and powder coat them, or get em sprayed in a booth, I can't see it being more expensive to do a different colour. If you got a spare weekend you can do it yourself it's not that hard and save yourself some coin. total cost to do 5 wheels for me (4 + spare) was around $30-40 a wheel, mostly just the cost of the cans as I tried to go heavy and do a decent job.

personally i think the best looking rims on commodore are the older GTS rims. I have black 19" GTX rims on my new VZ.
http://i.imgur.com/gRSe8yw.jpg

Thank's mate ,I'm getting some paint touch ups done as well , so they can do the whole shebang while they've got the car , I'm fairly set on the black at the moment , the panel/ paint shop where it's going do a really good job as well , and I really don't have that sort of time to spare to be honest .