Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz auto... stalling once hot

inkdchik

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 vz wagon
Ok so I have just bought a vz wagon. a few days later it stalled at a set of lights. CD player still kept running but engine died. Car wouldn't start for about half hour then started. Since then i have had crank angle sensor replaced and oil sensor. It's dual fuel. Gas injected system. I though it may ofbeen a fuel issue but the car still does it on lpg. I had the codes read and they were something to do with the gearbox apparently but I couldn't tell you what they were. It runs great until it's warmed up. Sometimes it will restart straight away and other times it can take a few hours. I've cleaned the MAF sensor. And replaced coils and leads. Sometimes it will just cut out without warning (normally when revs are low) and sometimes it will chug like its running out of fuel or something and then it will cut out. But it still does it on lpg so I can't see how it would ve a fuel issue. I'm thinkin a sensor of some sort but I need help....... plz. when I try to start it after its stalled it will try and turn over but just won't start. If it does it idled rough for a few minutes until it sorts itself out then will run for a bit then die again. If I try and accelerate once it's started it's like the accelerator does nothing. The revs won't go up . I'm confused and frustrated. Someone has to know the issue. But being a chik my mechanical knowledge is now stretched to its limit and Ive got no idea where to look next.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If you or a family member are members of an Auto Club (RACV, NRMA, RACQ, RAA etc) then you can book your vehicle in with them for a diagnostic analysis - for a nominal fee. They will give you an un-biased report that will hopefully help you to resolve your problems. Good luck.

Matt VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Mine was doing the same thing. Somehow the plug that goes onto the MAF sensor had unclipped and made it do that.
Maybe check that if you havent already?