Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing / Replacing Guard Indicators

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Hi all,

I was thinking about swapping my side (guard) indicators for the square WK/WL Caprice ones. I remember on my VS SS they slid backwards and popped out when I changed to S2 clear oval ones. Is it the same?

1. What's the deal with removal? and
2. Will I need to modify anything to fit the Caprice lenses?

Anybody else done this?

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
Yes they come out the same way although i think its forward instead of back on the later models. No mods needed they are plug and play. I changed mine to the Stato ones a couple months ago on my SVZ.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Cool, many thanks

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Jeez, they both move a little but don't seem to want to come off. Haven't forced the issue. How far forward do they go roughly? Is a fair bit of pressure needed? Any help appreciated. Don't want to break them as I won't have the new ones until Tuesday.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Got it sussed, only move a little bit forward then they pop out with a bit of persuasion. Here's a pic, I think the look is cleaner.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Man, I didn't realise these needed orange bulbs. Only when I noticed they were too white when I was checking they worked. These new lenses are a real bugger to get off. Don't seem to want to move at all..

Does anybody know what type of bulbs these take so I can have a pair of amber ones ready for if/when I manage to remove these lenses?

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Yeah that's a clean look. Glad the ad answered my question re side bulb type - T10. Workshop manual just says 5 watt wedge. Also says to access them from behind, taking the guard liner off. Is that a pain? Because these things are locked into place, maybe because they are new, dunno...

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
They look mint beats the curvy ones i don't want to say it but i might have to steal this mod :( sorry..

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Sorry never had any experience with that type but if I remember correctly, big if, the VTII I put on the VS were twist and pull.

Edit: hang on a minute, guard liner, why would you do that if you can pop them out of the guard?

Last edited: