Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Max KW?

Hung_Low

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hey there everyone, currently I'm looking at upgrading from my VX Berlina to a VZ SV6 (looking at one tommorow), I've been looking up a bit of stuff bout them and am thinking about what kind of mods I'll be able to do. Please no "buy 2 more cylinders", "no power without fi", not interested.

So far I've come up with the following
- CPR6 Manifold
- 12mm Manifold Insulator (Compatible with the CPR6 Manifold?)
- Pacemaker Headers
- Twin 2.25" Catback
- Stage 2 Shift Kit
- Air Hammer or an SS Growler Kit
- 3.46:1 Diff Gears (How badly is fuel efficiency effected?)
- VCM Suite Tune (Probably last mod)

So the question is if a 190kW SV6 had all of these mods done what kind of output would it have? I'm thinking it could probably come up to 240kW? And I have no idea what to expect with the torque. I know it's a 6 and isn't the fastest thing on the road, please don't tell me that. Have gone through a few threads and couldn't find an answer.

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
Power increases claimed for most performance parts are over-rated, and they don't really add together. For example, growlers do next to nothing over the stock intake. Lotsa hype designed to seperate punters from their cash for little more than placebo effect and the ability to brag to their mates that they have a "cold air intake". Look into the "two hole mod" for your stock intake.

The diff gears and tune would give the most noticable difference. I wouldn't expect 240 kw, factory intakes and exhausts don't leave that much on the table these days.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hey there everyone, currently I'm looking at upgrading from my VX Berlina to a VZ SV6 (looking at one tommorow), I've been looking up a bit of stuff bout them and am thinking about what kind of mods I'll be able to do. Please no "buy 2 more cylinders", "no power without fi", not interested.

So far I've come up with the following
- CPR6 Manifold
- 12mm Manifold Insulator (Compatible with the CPR6 Manifold?)
- Pacemaker Headers
- Twin 2.25" Catback
- Stage 2 Shift Kit
- Air Hammer or an SS Growler Kit
- 3.46:1 Diff Gears (How badly is fuel efficiency effected?)
- VCM Suite Tune (Probably last mod)

So the question is if a 190kW SV6 had all of these mods done what kind of output would it have? I'm thinking it could probably come up to 240kW? And I have no idea what to expect with the torque. I know it's a 6 and isn't the fastest thing on the road, please don't tell me that. Have gone through a few threads and couldn't find an answer.

Well , brought one last year , trading a VX Equipe , and even though my VX was modified a bit I have found the SV6 VZ , is a much better car , more power, shifts better , has more torque through the revs as well .

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
I had a vz Calais for the last 3 years (just sold it) it was the 190kw engine with the 5 speed auto and I had all the mods that you have listed done to it

- cpr6
- otr air intake
- full stainless extractors, high flow cats, and twin 2.5" cat back system
- 3.46 LSD diff
- dyno tuned by Russo performance

Gear box was standard as there is nothing thay can do with the 5 speed box unlike the old 4 speed there was plenty of mods for.

So all up I got 178.4rwkw with 228nm of torque, it did go quite well and pulled a best of 14.2 down the 1/4 mile

Cheers scott

Hung_Low

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Thanks for the replies guys, bitt disapointed to here that theres not really any mods for the 5 speed :/ but Imay end up with an exec, cold be getting a pretty good deal for it

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6 and VF SS Storm Sportwagon
disappointed with no mods for the 5 speed???? If you had a 4 speed and modded it as much as you could it probably still wouldn't be as good as a stock 5 speed anyway!