Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Gauge Error - Holden 07 VZ Ute

Emmamaree23

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VZ ute
Fuel tank has been removed by someone who borrowed the car, they put diesel in it instead of fuel, drained the lines and then put it back. Now 'fuel tank error' shows up. Warning shows very low fuel. I'm not sure what could be the issue however there is a hose either not there or missing coming from the fuel tank.

Any ideas or suggestions of where to find some sort of help?
Thanks!

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
Fuel tank has been removed by someone who borrowed the car, they put diesel in it instead of fuel, drained the lines and then put it back. Now 'fuel tank error' shows up. Warning shows very low fuel. I'm not sure what could be the issue however there is a hose either not there or missing coming from the fuel tank.

Any ideas or suggestions of where to find some sort of help?
Thanks!

Hi Emmamaree23,

You'll need to take it to a mechanic or Holden to have the trouble code cleared. They may not have disconnected the battery before removing the tank. I would seek advice from them about what possible other damage could have been done to the fuel system, particularly the injectors, pump and tank sender. I hope they replaced the fuel filter. Does it run okay otherwise?