Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installed harrop charger, some tips on a few things please?

ciuffa

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz ss 6.0ltr heads n cam
Hey guys, so update on my car, ive just recently installed a harrop hh112 top mount supercharger kit to my 06 vz ss l76.. ####ed the lifters and bent a push rod first install coz i didnt know you had to remove the dod lifters lol.. so off came the heads and charger and replaced all push rods with vcm chrome moly's, lifters with non dod lifters, new head gaskets n so on. found out that the car has a 228/234 cam (or there abouts), and apparently a rebuilt tranny with stage 2 shift kit and 3 grand stall. the guy i bought it off was a lying piece of **** dog #### and ive had to find out all the info on the car myself, he told me it had heads, cam, diff gears, registration (it wasnt rego'd, i checked on ppsr but it just said no info). anyway lol.. the charger came with bigger injectors (whatever the standard ones are in that kit, i think 42lb), but i think its struggling to get the full amount of fuel coz its running a standard fuel pump.. has anyone changed a fuel pump in one of these cars and if so any pointers or info on how to do it? another thing is that my intake air temps are between 60 - 70 (60 when driving and 70 while stationary), the kit has an front mount intercooler which uses a pump to pump coolant through to the charger (cooler under charger), and thats all working, do these intake temps sound too high? last question.. is a 228/234 any good with a charger or nah? havent had it on a proper dyno yet just a little bit of road tuning to get its fuel mixes right so its safe to drive for now, my tuner is a bit busy so im just waiting till hes ready to do a dyno tune.. any info on any of these points would be great, thanks guys!