Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Berlina how to make steering wheel buttons light up

TEGBOY

Reaction score
HI all, I bought a set of the genuine "light-up" steering wheel buttons for my VZ Berlina. But they don't light up, I am guessing the Berlina's don't have the connections for the light up buttons? Is there a different loom or clock spring needed for this? I am pretty sure the VZ Calais buttons light up, so I would have expected not much to have changed between Berlina and Calais?

Can anymore help?

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
I could be wrong but i think the wiring is all there its just the clock spring doesnt have the contact for them. Change to Calais clock spring and should be good. Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.

TEGBOY

Reaction score
Hmmm, so a Calais clock spring will work with the Berlina airbag etc? I have never removed the clock spring.. eeekkk

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Interesting , my VZ SV 6 steering wheel buttons light up, as do the paddles for the active select

TEGBOY

Reaction score
Mine doesn't have the paddle shifts. I think, I might just have to buy the Calais clock spring and "hope" it works

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
Yes the SV6 will light up aswell as SS, Calais, Statos and HSV's. Dont think any others do from factory.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Yes the SV6 will light up aswell as SS, Calais, Statos and HSV's. Dont think any others do from factory.

I would have thought that the Berlina's would light up also ,