Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Fue Gauge Error

mick_lehman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
Hi, Before anyone says anything, yes there are plenty of threads on this, but each one of those has people guessing different things, i need a real answer..

Got a '05 VZ V6 Auto in at the moment, has "Fuel Gauge Error - Contact Dealer" "Very Low Fuel" and " Service Due Soon".

Car had been running fine before hand, came to me for service, brakes and to repair front bar.

Took me about 2 weeks to repair and paint the bar, so had been sitting around. Morning it was getting picked up, i moved it, parked it on a slope. Half hour later, the car would not crank and getting the dash warnings, no fault codes. I thought it might have been low fuel, so put 20L in it, still nothing. Managed to bridge out the starter relay, car started, fuel gauge error warning went away, but still had low fuel warning. Knowing i just put fuel in it, took it for test drive to check performance, drove fine. After about 10kms of rough roads, the fuel gauge came right and no warnings displayed. Gave it back to customer, he was happy for 1 week, it now has the problem again.

Checking these forums for this same problem, (checked 30+ threads on the matter), had some people say they replaced the fuel sender unit, some replaced the BCM, some replaced the ECU. 1 guy even replaced a fuse to fix the problem. These are all old threads, (2+ years), so would like an update to anyone that either knows the cause, or has had this happen to them and can tell me what they have done to fix this.

Please people, NO guessing.

Thanks
Mick

XioiX1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 V8 Adventra
If you don't want guessing (OPINION) don't got to forum (which is basically a opinion poll) go to a mechanic. I am sure the good people of this site are willing to offer their help help (opinion). Without seeing the car or a tech 2. Opinion is all you will get.

.....This is not on behalf of the just Commodores forum or moderators....