Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

zv alloytec timing chain problems

mad mick

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 2005 update
hi all

has any body done timing chains on alloytec I am having a few problems that are doing my head in
engine is locking when I rotate it to first mark for reinstallation of first chain cam locks are on so I am stumped why I have both inlet valves fully open on number 4 inlet cam stoping piston about 10 to 15 degrees before the timing mark
any help would be good cheers

BT1-355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 & BLOWN STATESMAN
Yeah done heaps of them. I would recommend you put it back together and instead of doing it stage 1 and stage 2. Just do stage 2, so it other words put the timing marks on stage 2, make sure the cams are locked up. Remove drivers chain, then centre chain and the passenger chain.

mad mick

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 2005 update
can you post the procedure or steps I need to follow to do it this way not sure how it was done bright links were not on the timing marks when I pulled it apart timing marks on crank were lined up then cam locks fitted still cant work out why it has number 4 inlet valves fully open

BT1-355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 & BLOWN STATESMAN
Don't know you must have the timing marks out... Giving me your email address and i'll sent you a pdf file on how to do it...
When you took the rocket covers off, is the engine full of sludge???

BT1-355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 & BLOWN STATESMAN
sorry cant pdf the file
chain.png
[/URL][/IMG]

BT1-355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 & BLOWN STATESMAN
chain1.png
[/URL][/IMG]
chain2.png
[/URL][/IMG]
chain3.png
[/URL][/IMG]

mad mick

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 2005 update
thank mate I can see whats wrong now the info I have said flats up on drivers /right bank and use the timing mark on the other side of crank not the one in your info how do I now put cams in right position do I need to remove cams to reset