Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

210k service, price and information

Drewzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore 07
Hi, can people tell me the average cost of the 210k service?
whats involved in this last service for the log book?
Should i just do it myself?

any info would be great

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
What does the last service tell you to do?

If your comfortable with changing oil, filters etc. yourself do it yourself. Anything your not comfortable with talk to your local friendly mechanic.

madhouse74

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL STATESMAN
CLICK HERE to go to website that not only quotes price on service but also gives a rundown on what needs to be checked / replaced. Seem fairly accurate, can anyone double check to confirm its accuracy.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ive looked at it before and it was accurate. Quite a good site to get a guide what your next service would cost.

Drewzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore 07
It is an SV6, quotes so far are around $149-$179.
The log book is vague, check this and that, obviously for Holden to charge through the nose for the "we found this and that needed replacement".
I will change the obvious stuff like filters, oil and spark but
I was hoping the community would know what is common to need replacing at this age.
wheel bearings, suspension bushes, hoses, valve adjustment?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
It is an SV6, quotes so far are around $149-$179.
The log book is vague, check this and that, obviously for Holden to charge through the nose for the "we found this and that needed replacement".
I will change the obvious stuff like filters, oil and spark but
I was hoping the community would know what is common to need replacing at this age.
wheel bearings, (replace when noisy or failed) suspension bushes, (ditto - replace when noisy or failed) hoses, (I would replace them at say every 70,000 km or so - keep old hoses as replacements in an emergency) valve adjustment? (only if engine running rough or top end very noisy)

Having said that, you can, if unlimited funds available, replace every or any component on your car as frequently as you choose. Bit of a waste of money. Maintenance of a vehicle is focused primarily on engine oil replacement as scheduled, Auto Trans, servicing about every 60,000 km, replacement of filters as recommended etc. In modern vehicles, unless you are subjecting them to extreme conditions (towing, racing etc) then things like wheel bearings are sealed for life. Suggest you grab hold of an appropriate Owners Manual which should include servicing schedules. Perhaps you could also consider any courses such as TAFE or Technical Colleges that offer Vehicle Maintenance for adults of non-students. You could learn a lot. Good luck.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
By the time you reach 210k it depends as much on what has and hasn't been done before as it does what the log book says.
If you had a water pump replaced last year (along with coolant ) then you ignore it when the next service says replace the coolant.
Do brake fluid if not done in last few years, brake pads if low, check the A/C drain tubes. Bushes could do with looking at es[ecially if there are any knocks or thuds when you brake hard or wobbles when you hit bumps or go round corners. New shocks if it's bouncy - originals will be dead by now gauranteed. Check the throttle body is clean.