Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brake squeek

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
I've recently put in brand new pads and brand new discs/rotors, and my front right is still squeeling and squeeking as if I hadn't changed them, any ideas? Maybe just brake dust?

After washing my car it stops for a short period?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
did the pads come with the backing shims? if so did you fit them? if they didnt did you use any squeal paste?

i use this stuff....

241-napa_crc1.jpg

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
@Hi_rider- you mean those thin black plates on the back of the pads? Yes they were fitted and good to go! :)
@Benboy, I did bed them in, found an industrial area and followed instructions from the box :)
Not sure, lol

madhouse74

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL STATESMAN
did u clean the discs before putting them on and removing the oil that new discs come with? If you had forgotten to do this or didn't adequately remove all off this could be your problem. Should always use brake cleaner when installing.

madhouse74

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL STATESMAN
There is your problem, not to worry no major biggy. Take both discs of and give them a clean with brake cleaner and would be advisable to scuff them up as well as taking the pads off and cleaning them with brake cleaner as well. If squeak still persists will be time for new pads. Best of luck

5.7heaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 SII CV8 Monaro
is it definitely fronts?

i have the same problem on my car and it was the handbrake shoes in the rear that needed adjusting.

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
@5.7heaven, i get my handbrake shoes ADJUSTED TODAY! :) we'll see how that goes, if it keeps squeeking
I'll do what @Madhouse has suggested :) Thank you everyone! Real commodore family on here, we need to get stickers made up this/next year so we can say g'day to each other!