Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thoughts on PCM Exchange / Reflash

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Spotted this while browsing for other stuff.

LS1 300KW Mafless PCM Reflash VT VX VY VZ Computer Commodore 5 7 V8 ECU Service | eBay

Claiming 300kw (with an OTR and exhaust) and choice of a few options. Not keen on changing my exhaust but an OTR would be okay.

Would be interested in what members think and/or if anybody has tried similar.
Honestly, you will do better getting a tune done from a professional tuner. There are plenty of people that will do mail order tunes specific for your car, rather than someone thats picked up a tune and is flashing the exact same file to every ecu regardless of the mods or changes to your car. :beer chug:

355VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR 355 5spd
Same guy that real time tuned my 355, disabled the CEL fault codes when I did my manual conversion and has helped me out with other ecu related hardware/software. Don't know about mail order tunes but he does know what he is doing. I originally found him on ebay and was lucky enough that he is close by.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Yeah I have seen Justin at BYE Performance here in WA before. All his work is top notch. What's a MAFless tune worth these days roughly?

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Yeah I have seen Justin at BYE Performance here in WA before. All his work is top notch. What's a MAFless tune worth these days roughly?

I'm seeing Justin on Friday for a mafless tune, can't wait, $850 for an auto or $800 for a manual I believe is the going rate.
I've got a VCM OTR, pacemaker 4-1s, high flow cats and twin 3" cat back, so can let you know how it goes if you like.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I'm seeing Justin on Friday for a mafless tune, can't wait, $850 for an auto or $800 for a manual I believe is the going rate.
I've got a VCM OTR, pacemaker 4-1s, high flow cats and twin 3" cat back, so can let you know how it goes if you like.

Sounds good, be interested in what sort of numbers you pull! :beer chug:

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Sounds good, be interested in what sort of numbers you pull! :beer chug:

Cheers, will report back on the weekend. Expecting around 300-320rwhp with the mods I have, but will see how it goes.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
So I got my OTR fitted and got the car mafless tuned, done by Justin at BYE Performance in Perth, as mentioned above. Car has been both dyno tuned and road tuned/tested, and he has also made a lot of changes to the auto, so it's more responsive and less likely to burn bands with more power going through it. Made around 323rwhp and 485nm torque which seems about in line with the mods I've done so far, so pretty happy with the result. Here is a link to the dyno sheet if u guys want a look.