Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

spinning wheel stud

im_piston_broke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
Righto boys...ANY help will be appreciated...
went to swap wheels when I couldn't get a wheel nut off..im guessing its frozen to the stud and the whole nut and stud are spinning....it looks like its been a problem to the previous owner as the wheel stud has ben whacked with a cold chisel or centre punch....whats the best option here???...
Cheers

mad mick

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 2005 update
haven't had that problem before but the only way I can see is to split/cut wheel nut, drilling out stud will take awhile because its hardened but will be only option if you have alloys on, no room to split nut. good luck mate

im_piston_broke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
haven't had that problem before but the only way I can see is to split/cut wheel nut, drilling out stud will take awhile because its hardened but will be only option if you have alloys on, no room to split nut. good luck mate

I ended up just snapping the stud...will buy a complete new set..the previous owner had the same prob on the rear and replaced with wrong studs..result= 2 different thread wheel nuts .....D'oh

mad mick

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 2005 update
cool that the other way at least its off now you might need a new hub there is a spline for the stud to lock on to stop whole thing turning if you put new stud in you will end up with the same problem again

im_piston_broke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
i'll blue Loctite the new ones in..and NOT overtighten like the last clown did