Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

another vz exhaust thread

vzharry

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 holden vz v6 ute
Hey guys I've got a 04 vz executive ute that sounds quiet as and I've got a spare red back 15'' hot dog in the shed and was wondering if anyone has replaced the rear muffler with a hot dog, if so how did it sound. I took the tail pipe off after the centre muffler the other day and It didn't sound tooo bad just a bit high pitch how do you guys rekon mi hektic ute will sound with a hot dog out the back? And nup I'm not gonna go sell my ute and go buy a v8 cause they sound better

vzharry

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 holden vz v6 ute
If anyone wants the answer to this question in my opinion is yes I ended up doing it this arvo and sounds sweet nice and deep and not to loud. Best exhaust sound on the cheep hotdog was only $45 no welding just cut out old muffler and replaced with 1 15" hotdog and used a clamp on each end too easyyyyy

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'll check back in a couple of weeks to see if you post another thread on how to get rid of the drone.

vzharry

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 holden vz v6 ute
Doesn't seam to drone at all hay maybe cause i drive a ute (Less cabin space) I thought i would of had so much drone that i would have to put the old muffler on cause all i read on here about exhaust for vz Alloytec Is that they sound like **** and if you get a good note out of it, it will drone?sounds like most of you guys think your the smartest blokes around replying to peoples questions who probably cant even change a tyre.
Im happy with how it sounds and advise anyone who is thinking of doing it do so, if you hate it weld the old muffler back in Its not hard not everyone Needs to start a thread to Work out everything

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Doesn't seam to drone at all hay maybe cause i drive a ute (Less cabin space) I thought i would of had so much drone that i would have to put the old muffler on cause all i read on here about exhaust for vz Alloytec Is that they sound like **** and if you get a good note out of it, it will drone?sounds like most of you guys think your the smartest blokes around replying to peoples questions who probably cant even change a tyre.
Im happy with how it sounds and advise anyone who is thinking of doing it do so, if you hate it weld the old muffler back in Its not hard not everyone Needs to start a thread to Work out everything

because everyone has a welder to just weld another muffler in, right?

why did you start this thread if you know how to work everything out anyway?

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
because everyone has a welder to just weld another muffler in, right?

why did you start this thread if you know how to work everything out anyway?

^^ What he said. Nice attitude. People who think they know everything can't seem to learn...

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
it's a bit like the comment elsewhere "why don't you all just download to your laptop".. Umm... I don't have one.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
This thread was going so well too.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe