Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz ecu

JarBro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Guys just a quick question,

The ECU in my car, as far as I understand you cant just plug and play with the excate same model from another car - but is it possible to
erase the details and reprograme your cars information on it ??

I have rung about 6 holden dealers and its about a 50/50 split on you can and you can't.
So if anyone has tried this and can confirm it will work let me know please - a new one is about $900 + cost to programe it.
Where is a wrecker has 1 for next to nothing.

Thank you

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You need to get somebody with a Tech 2 to link the ECU and the BCM.

JarBro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Thanks guys, looks like the hard part is just a matter of convincing holden to do it really.

:)

brianwanless

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ one tonner
I have just been through this with a vz v6 ute. Every body tells you something different. The doner car has to be running and the ecu has to be decoded from that car, then if you are lucky it can be mated up to your car. But you may still have issues like low fuel warning. I bought a ecu from a wrecker and 2 auto lecs tried for a week to hook it up. They had tech 2 and $4500 snap on tools gear. It dont work. Dont get conned. Bite the bullet and buy a new on, lot less hassle and labour cost.