Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Adventra LEDs

im_piston_broke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
Hi All....I bought some LED interior light for my 05 VZ Adventra SX6...all work fine except the from interior/map reading lights..I got the BA9s type of ebay
2X 12V BA9S LED Light White 5050 SMD T4W 1895 Bayonet Dash Parker Interior Globe | eBay
but they don't work..obviously its not a polarity issue here as they are bayonet type....they are sending me another pair to check if the 1st pair are faulty....or am I installing the wrong type of led ??

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
polarity will be wrong mate and you have to change the wiring if you want them to work.
Otherwise you can buy a light like this.

24SMD Panel 5050 LED Interior Dome MAP Light Lamp Bulb T10 BA9S Adapter White OZ | eBay

They come with a ba9s globe adaptor that plugs into the panel light, this plug can be swapped around to change the polarity.
Plus you get more light, i tried the smaller globe style leds and found the light output wasnt great.

im_piston_broke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
problem solved..pulled the interior light unit out, swapped the + & - wires around to reverse polarity..problem solved!