Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ ECU/BCM Replacement Help...

jss_mstr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 Ute
Hey guys so i had the dreaded "fuel gauge error... contact dealer" now we presumed it was the BCM, so we had our apprentice remove the ECU BCM PIM from the ute and the apprentice decided to open up the ECU and scrape the top of the motherboard with his screwdriver :bang:
Now we most likely have a faulty BCM and DEFINITELY have a broken ECU...

So... what i would like to ask is does anyone know what is required for a replacement?

Do they have to be identical numbers on the parts? For example my BCM is a 358 MID...

Please help me out guys...
Regards, Jess

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Cheapest option would be wreckers for a ute the same as yours, and get the ECU, BCM, Key head, etc... How did he open the ECU, you have to break them open?? Other than that it is new parts and have them linked.... crap!

jss_mstr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 Ute
Nah the little s**t prayed the black back cover off with a screwdriver and managed to slip and take quite a few little chips out, un-repairable as we have already talked to injectronics... main question being, can i use an ECU out of the exact same vehicle even if it has a different part number?
We have many workshops we can borrow a tech 2 off of...