Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ power window problem

kinga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Alright, been trawling the threads all day and I cant find any more information so decided to post a new thread. I am experiencing similar issues to what others have described with drivers power window, goes all the way up but refuses to go down. Was doing it intermittently for the last few months but no wont go down at all.
When it did go down went down smoothly so nothing catching or grabbing.
Tested window regulator by applying 12v power to the green/orange blue/white connectors at the connection point before the door gasket inside the car, regulator works fine goes up and down without issue.
Switch in the console seems to work, I can hear the BCM regulator clicking when I push the switch down. The sound the passenger door relay is different, in that it clicks on and stays on until the window is down. The Drivers power window relay clicks on then clicks off in quick succession without the window winding down.

I Gave up and swapped the BCM today(with a second hand one) only to find the issue still persists and BCM relay makes the same noise. Swapped around circuit breakers and made no difference.
I am not sure if there is another issue or another piece of the puzzle I am missing, anyone got any suggestions?
I am wondering if this is a common problem with the BCMs and whether the one I have replaced it with has the same relay problem? I know there is a write up on how to replace the BCM relay for the indicators sticking on, wondering if anyone has done this with the Auto-down power window relay in the BCM?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Food for thought.

In.my car power window switch had issues going up and down.on occasions and I persisted and opened it up and cleaned the metal contacts which had become.oxidized and looked scarred and burnt

Relevance?
When.not working properly, still seemed to make.a.clicking noise ok on the relay

I'm assuming the oxidation inhibited current or.something

Cleaned the contacts, worked fine.

Never lasted though, as would happen again in time and ended up buying an new master switch and no further dramas

Again, food for thought