Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ 2006
Hi everyone,

I hope I posted this in the correct place. Also hope everyone has a happy new year.

For a while now I have noticed that when my car (automatic 2006 sedan SVZ) accelerates up hills at about 80+kmph-->100ish it kind of ticks(looses power for 0.25second). This goes away as soon as I take my foot off the accelerator or only push down a little bit. This never happens when I am driving around normally, just when accelarting from 80-->100ish up hills.

A few days ago I needed to do a U-turn and accelerate a bit up a hill (9/10 accelerator down) and the check powertrain warning came up. My car seemed to be fine although the message stayed, however when I pulled up at the lights my car started vibrating. Turning my car off than back on solved the problem though for now.... This is the third time it has happened but I have always noticed the weird thing how power is lost for 0.25 seconds as described above.

I am driving to melbourne through the great ocean road in a few days, and since it is very hilly I just wanted to know if anyone knows what this could be and will it be fine to get it looked at when I get back as I am a bit tight with money at the moment but will definatley get it checked out afterwards.

Thanks in advance

adam_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
Mate check your battery connections for a start, mine was doing similar things a couple weeks back, car would turn off for a split second and a couple different warnings would come up. Apparently it can be caused by batteries that are on the way out but mine was just a loose connection on one of the terminals.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
If possible, duck into a Supercheap Auto store, most now have OBD2 readers they can plug in, and atleast find what code is tripped.