Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise Control not working?

madute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help me. When I am driving over 40km/h I press in the button to turn cruise control on and then proceed to turn it in the direction of "SET-DECEL"

Instead nothing happens, cruise control is on but it doesn't do anything when I turn it there is no change in the lcd and the speed is not held.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this? This is in a manual 6 speed.

Thank you.

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Looking at the circuits there are three stop light switches which operate when the brakes are applied. Two of them speak to the ECM, one is what operates the stop lamps.
Are all the switches OK? (Haynes manual - it might be wrong?)

Is the fuse OK - it appears to feed the side mirrors as well as the CC.

Does the Dash display following the images in the owners manual as you step through the activation and deactivation of the CC?

That's about all I can glean at this time from the electricals. Are all connectors homed properly on the steering column mechanism, stop switch connectors etc.?

God luck with your search.

madute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
Looking at the circuits there are three stop light switches which operate when the brakes are applied. Two of them speak to the ECM, one is what operates the stop lamps.
Are all the switches OK? (Haynes manual - it might be wrong?)

Is the fuse OK - it appears to feed the side mirrors as well as the CC.

Does the Dash display following the images in the owners manual as you step through the activation and deactivation of the CC?

That's about all I can glean at this time from the electricals. Are all connectors homed properly on the steering column mechanism, stop switch connectors etc.?

God luck with your search.

All switches are good, double and triple checked them.

Fuse was good but replaced it anyway with a new one to be sure.

Strange thing is, it does bring up the Cruise Control ON graphic but will not activate the CC when trying to set it.
I have read others have had an issue with LED lights but mine are factory, so that covers about all issues I've been able to find by searching.
Maybe I should get holden to have a look, I have a feeling it might be expensive.

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
I think the actual CC Stalk switches wiring goes to some sort of data assembly device which then goes off into the car's computers for the dash display, speed regulation etc.

Maybe ask Holden about the data device. It could be stand alone or it may be part of the BCM, transmission module and even speak further to the ECM.

zedproject

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S pak
Had similar issue. turned out the wiring in the stalk was cut.

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06
Had similar issue. turned out the wiring in the stalk was cut.

This also turned out to be the case for me - wiring had broken in the stalk, but was still making intermittent contact, which was giving the sort of symptoms you described.