Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tight reverse gear

madute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
Hi guys,
Been making a few threads in this section lately,trying to worm out a few bugs with my car.
Took it to the Holden dealership they found nothing wrong with the gearbox and said it popping out of gears was because I wasn't putting them in all the way??
I asked them about the tight reverse gear requires a bit of force to put it in. They said this is normal with wear, are your guys manual tight in the reverse gear? This is on a 6 speed box.

Thanks guys.

yamahahatim

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss crewman
Gee I hope its just a little wear!!!!!!! because my vz ss crewman is sometimes a little tough to get into reverse too..... if your too rough, mine will not get "R" but if you put slight pressure in correct gate, it slides easily into r gear........ kinda sounds a little dirty!!!!

madute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
Gee I hope its just a little wear!!!!!!! because my vz ss crewman is sometimes a little tough to get into reverse too..... if your too rough, mine will not get "R" but if you put slight pressure in correct gate, it slides easily into r gear........ kinda sounds a little dirty!!!!
I thought it a bit strange, because usually when stuff gets worn it gets loose. But he deals with Holdens everyday so I guess he knows what he's talking about..

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Try double clutching to get reverse.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

madute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
this a TR6060? theyre known for munching syncro's. if youre the dude thats started the thread about popping out of gears, id say your box has seen its last burnout and snappy 2nd shift.

Your right man took it to Trans 'R' Us, paid $800 for a rebuild and its as good as new or better! So happy can't contain my excitement haha.