Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Multiple head units not working. please help!

willz89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 5.7L 4SP A
i know this sounds really stupid and forgive me in advance but for the life of me, i was doing a simple swap of a head unit in the Vz today and successfully got the pioneer head unit running, so once satisfied with the result, i unplugged and began to mount everything before finalising the job, after that the headunit would not power on, nor would the previous head unit, or the backup headunit OR EVEN The stock blaupunkt headunit, ive gone and checked the fuse in each headunit and they are okay, no signs of blown fuses, i pulled the under wheel panel down to check the fuse box there, and the fuses are okay, is there something im missing ? have i stuffed my ISO connection completely? can i hook the headunit up the old school way with solder and what not ? And sorry for advance if i do someones head in with my long as question, in need of a solution ! im stuck in the tunnel!

Thankyou for your time !

willz89

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
did you check all fuses under the steering column or just the one marked radio?

was the iso plug hard to plug in at any point?

willz89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 5.7L 4SP A
I checked the radio fuse marked 7.5amp and nah man , I'd say it was relatively easy to slip it on , but it's also easy to remove not like it should be ,

I've stuffed it haven't i

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
theres another fuse that runs the backup wire for the radio, cant remember which one it is. its possible youve blown that one.

willz89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 5.7L 4SP A
theres a backup fuse? hmm, what name would it possibly have ? ill have to have a look on the internetz, Thanks hakhawk ill let you know if I find it !

willz89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 5.7L 4SP A
edit ::: fixed it, was a few fuses that were blown out. must of caused a surge or something. Thanks for the help!!!!