Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gearbox worse after rebuild

madute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
Hi guys,
I recently made a thread about my gearbox popping out of gears. Under the used car warranty from the dealership I managed to get it covered under warranty. The gearbox has been rebuilt completely. I just got it back into the car today and the gearbox is noticeable louder when in neutral. Is that because it's new and wearing in? I also find it is nearly impossible to get into reverse, I have to put it into first gear then into reverse otherwise it won't go in. 2nd gear use to pop out all the time, now I can put it into 2nd but it is hard to find if I shift down from 4th and try and put it into 2nd when slowing down going around a corner. It's like something is blocking it.

Is this all normal stuff or should I take it back?

Thanks!

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Take it back, but get a report from your local RAC detailing the problems first and give them a copy. It will cost a few dollars but will usually force their hand into fixing the problem properly. I bet they just put another box in from a wreck as it is cheaper.

madute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
Take it back, but get a report from your local RAC detailing the problems first and give them a copy. It will cost a few dollars but will usually force their hand into fixing the problem properly. I bet they just put another box in from a wreck as it is cheaper.

Update: Took it to a transmission shop to get a report done. They found the clutch was incorrectly fitted or aligned something like that. After them aligning it properly there are now no issues.
And they didn't charge me for it even though I insisted.