Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help . . . car randomly wont start

kym1976

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Hi all
I have a 2005 VZ. Unfortunately, it randomly doesn't kick over. It makes a 'ding' sound. I replaced the battery last Winter (2014). Any suggestions of what the problem might be?
Thanks in advance

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
battery, may have a week/bad cell, starter motor, connections to both,

Deltak

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi,

1. Check the battery terminals , - loose or battery acid buildup.

2. The battery may be low in charge and requires recharging. Note that with the modern batteries have cadmium added to increase the charge capacity. The down side is that they are harder to recharge from near flat. Normal running only gets part of the way to full charge. A CTEK charger or equivalent may help.

kym1976

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Hi Thanks for the quick responses. I do have a video of the noise it makes but its too large to upload and I don't know how to shrink the video

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
When you insert the key and turn it to crank the engine over does the immobiliser light stop flashing.

MiKExAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4 Series II
Could be the Body control module. I had a similar problem with my vz and it was. $500 for a new one diagnosed and fitted but then I realised you can just buy a component off ebay for a few bucks and solder it in to the bcm to fix the issue. Try jump-starting car. Mine battery was fine when It happened to me but a jump start seemed to start it.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
if its clicking but not starting, and battery is good, more than likely starter motor,