Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 Manifold Torque Settings

Growley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Hopefully an easy one. I've changed the spark plugs & inlet manifold gasket now I just need to tighten the inlet manifold bolts. I've found these settings in an old thread. Can someone confirm or advise the correct settings pls.

UPPER INLET MANIFOLD
ATTACHING BOLT
TORQUE SPECIFICATION
10 - 14 Nm

>>> Haynes and gregorys have the upper intake for 23 nm

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
my gregorys vz book says (for 3.6L) intake manifold 23nm, spark plugs are 16-20nm.
hope that helps.

Growley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Thanks guys. 23.0 it is then... :yeah:

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Main thing is always undo bolts into alloy when cold < 50 degrees c. and vice versa, and never use a rattle gun as it is easy to pull the threads out of the alloy component.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Growley, random question but are you an IT guy or something, found it interesting you referred to the toqrue specs as settings. Don't mean anything by this just curious haha.

Growley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Growley, random question but are you an IT guy or something, found it interesting you referred to the toqrue specs as settings. Don't mean anything by this just curious haha.

Got me! :whistling

I didn't even realise till you pointed it out...

JohannesM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2004 Station Wagon 6Cyl Ecotech Luminaire
Hopefully an easy one. I've changed the spark plugs & inlet manifold gasket now I just need to tighten the inlet manifold bolts. I've found these settings in an old thread. Can someone confirm or advise the correct settings pls.

UPPER INLET MANIFOLD
ATTACHING BOLT
TORQUE SPECIFICATION
10 - 14 Nm

>>> Haynes and gregorys have the upper intake for 23 nm
Hi, I have snapped one of the longer front bolt and would like to know if anyone has any spare one of these.
I have not removed the manifold yet as it all seems to work fine so. But when I do remove it I will need to find out how far down its broken and attempt to remove the remaining part. Any idea on the size/lenght/tread type of this bolt would also help.
HAS ANY ONE ELSE SNAPPED THE FRONT BOLT, IF SO HOW DID U REMOVED THE BROKEN PART?? TX

Last edited:

robgm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim 2005
Actually, 23nm feels not that tight.. might need to use thread lock. I overtightened and then put my torque wrench on it and realised I tightened too much.