Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bulb specs/mount for a VZ Calais

mrjayviper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
Hello. I've been searching the net and the owner's manual for the type of bulbs present in a VZ Calais. Not having much luck. I'm very surprised the owner's manual is missing such info since it's something an owner should know when buying for a replacement.

Can you please help?

From what I can see, these are the bulbs present (mostly after the interior lights)

1. 1x globe box
2. 2x dome/front lights
3. 2x rear ceiling lights
4. 2x vanity mirror bulbs
5. rego plate lights
6. boot light
7. possibly more?

I just need to know what kind of bulbs should I buy to replace these? (you know like ordinary home bulbs come in screw-type and bayonet).

Thanks a lot

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
I replaced my number plate lights with LED, they were T10 and some T5's for the smaller version in the dash and consul, they are a wedge base and if using LED's, they have a polarity, so if they don't work, pull them out and plug in other way. Most of the others are a festoon type, about 30mm long bulb with end caps, replace with same wattage or they will melt the housing from the heat, or replace with LED type, can get cheap off ebay.

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
Glove box, rear ceiling lights, centre console and boot light are all Festoon bulbs. I think 36mm.
Dome/sunglass holder lights are BA9s Globes
Rear number plate lights are T10 wedge globes
Ive replaced every single globe in my car(except headlights) with LED globes. Hope that helps