Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz steering and z bushes

moparx

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vg ute 2005 acclaim wagon
My Acclaim has now done 230,000 kms and is just starting to scrub out the inside of the front tyres.
Couldnt get it wheel aligned as they said the rack was worn and the zbar bushes needed changing.
How hard is it to do these jobs what parts are needed and how long should it take.
I work 2 days on 2 days off and live in Cambrai, so I need to be sure I get the job done in my time off.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Depends if the wear is in the rack itself or just the tierod ends. Thats not a bad job, should take an hour max from wheels off to wheels back on.

Z Bar Bushes are Castor Rod Bushes, and most likely the front bushes in a Commodores case. These should take about 20 minutes to do.

Other bushes to look at would be the Castor to Lower Control Arm as these wear out over time and i usually replace both at the same time.

The only other one to consider would be the inner LCA bush but you need a press to get these in and out so it's not really feasable to do at home.