Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS Clutch HELP

regals

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 3.8l
I need to get a clutch kit for my vz ss ute. Should i replace the flywheel and does anyone know if it has a smf or dmf? Would the HD Exedy clutch kits be good to get or should i get more parts with it? They come with the pressure plate, friction plate and throw out bearing. Pilot bearing?

The clutch makes a noise when i push the pedal in but when i release it then the noise goes away. Also when i change gears it grinds abit.

THUNDER89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
I've got the Xtreme H-D organic clutch in my vz ss thunder.
I'm not gonna lie..It's pretty narly!!
I've got a big cam and the clutch holds up well, considering I've given it a hard time, it's awesome when tryin to park or when in traffic, just slowly release and ride the clutch and it rolls like an auto, no jerking, no stalling.
Easiest clutch I've ever driven with.
Hope that helps lad.

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I have the exedy heavy duty kit in my SS and haven't had any problems with it. it is not much heavier than the factory clutch. If the car still has the factory clutch you will have to change the flywheel, when I was chasing around everywhere advised it needs changing as they are a fairly weak unit from factory and will be well worn out.

Not sure if this helps, looks like you'll be good either option you pick - the exedy kit you have in that link is cheap, if you go the extreme make sure you replace the slave cylinder while you're at it.