Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSZ ute rear suspension options

lowace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Hi just after some advice on suspension combos for comfort if there is such a thing in a ute. I just recently purchased my ute and found it to be very stiff in the rear especially on the shitty roads around Orange. I discovered that it has had a set of the cheap kyb shocks in the rear which my local pedders guy tells me are renowned for being harsh not sure if this is true and would like to hear of other peoples combinations and ride comfort. It is still running the standard Fe2 all around so I thought it would be OK I don't mind going lower if it can be achieved with comfort.
Any help would be great.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Always found KYB shocks to be o.k Like anything if someone has the chance to fault something and offer another brand at a cost, then for sure they will push their product as a better alternative.

lowace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Thanks for the reply Conrod I am well aware of the sales pitch from these guys hence the reason I asked on here to get some real world answers and experience.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
What kind of wheels does it have? They also play a huge role.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
It's harsh with FE2? Wow - Your a hard man to please.

KYB aren't too bad tbh.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Try Tein shocks that will be harsh might give you whiplash haha KYB's are a great compromise in my books similar to Monroe sensa-trac shocks.

lowace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
I think I might try some different springs as the ute rears would obviously be a lot stiffer due to the load carrying capabilities kings seem like the best option here. And yes lowandslow I am hard to please if you had to drive on these orange roads you might be as well.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If you're after a softer ride Kings won't do much for you. What size wheels are you running?

lowace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
I am running the standard 18" rims it came out with. I think I might try the sedan springs in it as the are supposed to be a less harsh in the rear due to not having to carry loads. Thanks for the help all.