Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM Security

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Hoping somebody can answer this.

Lost my 2nd key and searched the house from top to bottom. It's nowhere to be found

What I'm worried about are persons unknown who may have picked up the key out the front, and now have access to my car.

I need to know if it is possible to reprogram the BCM security so none of the keys work. I know I will need 2 new fobs, but I'd rather not fork out for a whole new BCM & fitting.

Can this be done?

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Re: turning off one/both keys access - don't know about that.
1. Access is still available into the cabin through the mechanical entry of the key into the door lock barrel? No security software is needed on the door?
2. Electronic clearing of the security code is the programming issue?

I think you purchase the BCM with the linked keys from Holden or go second hand.
Then get a Tech2 to link the BCM to the ECU.
Different levels of BCM suit standard VZ to upmarket models like Calais.

Some stuff around

vz bcm and keys | eBay

Last edited:

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Thanks mate

OK, yeah nothing in it worth stealing so don't care about mechanical access. Would just rather the whole car doesn't go missing. Will ask Holden on Monday about turning off one key. Due for its 60,000km service anyway.

Miket2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL ss
Yes can delete all fobs and program 2 new ones

Miket2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL ss
Any mechanic with a descent scantool or even a tech 2 can delete key fob memory in bcm

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Looks like a single key can not be deleted from the BCM (at least from VT-VZ), and that's from a couple of reliable sources. Only real option is a new BCM with new key(s) coded to suit. About $550 genuine, brand new including fitting and keys.

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Looks like a single key can not be deleted from the BCM (at least from VT-VZ), and that's from a couple of reliable sources. Only real option is a new BCM with new key(s) coded to suit. About $550 genuine, brand new including fitting and keys.

Does this mean that you would still have to replace the door lock mechanism and the steering wheel lock mechanisms also?
Certainly gets expensive to misplace a key.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Yes, if I also wanted to limit entry by mechanical means I would have to do barrels, but if crims really want in, they just break a window anyway... Door and steering locks have never really been much challenge for the garden variety car thief.

You'll know if I ever catch somebody messing with my car, it will be on the news.

I'm happy just to have it disable by the factory BCM security.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If you don't know when or roughly where you 'lost' the key then perhaps you are worrying over nothing. If you had your name/address/car rego attached to the key then YES you may have a problem. Might be cheaper to buy a 'club lock' or similar to use for a while 'just in case'. A lot cheaper than replacing keys. BCM etc etc. Good luck.

Miket2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL ss
I've done it many times
Read bcm code & key code
Cut new key from code & performed all nee key programming