Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windscreen Washer Problem VZ Wagon

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I have a VZ Wagon 06 and had a problem with the Windscreen Washers, which I have fixed I think, but I am curious as to why it happened.

Washer Pump was running but no water at Windscreen, so, Washer Tank full- all good, cleaned jets- all good, removed Washer Pump and no water came out, so, poked Pinky (little finger)

in Pump hole and felt what seemed like an internal bladder, so poked harder and poked hole in it which was quite easy to do and water came out, so, replaced Washer Pump and, all good, Washers

working again.

Can someone please explain.

Last edited:

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Blocked hose, blocked water outlets (jets) etc. blocked in-line filter(s).

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
If it's anything like earlier models, the reservoir motor would eventually foul (in my case algae). It was relatively simple to clean.

sidecar55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1 9.5 Sportwagon/VE SS Series 2 Ute
There's a filter in the reservoir where the washer pump clips in. Very common that it blocks up with crud. Pull it out & clean it or poke a hole through it like you've done.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Update on this problem.
I now have a 2007 wagon and had the same problem, very little water out washer jets, so I pulled the washer pump out (pull it toward front of car and it comes out) and noticed very little water coming from tank so
I then opened the cap on the washer tank, got under the car with the garden hose, and blasted the garden hose into the tank outlet for a minute or 2 which flushed old water out the filler neck, and at the same time cleaned the outlet filter.
Water flowed freely from the tank outlet, so put pump back in and all good, and did not have to destroy the filter in the tank outlet.

Wagon rear tailgate washer.
While I was at it I also cleaned the non return valve on the hose located near passenger firewall, which runs water to the rear tailgate washer on the wagon.
I had to really use the full pressure of the garden hose to clean out the non return valve, alternating from one end to the other in order to get all the crud out.

Last edited: