Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore VZ Executive Project Car

MrDJSilva

Reaction score
Website
mrdjsilva.com
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE Omega
Hello,

Car project im working on in a few weeks.... Unsure xD however many of you may go why don't you just get a vz ss or clubsport well because i dont want to however i do wanna finish this project with a car a i really like which is my vz and it would make the car look amazing along with having a few tech advanced such as the HUD which will breath a great amount of life into this car with some newer things along with a new fresh modern look, also having a big boost in speed by adding the new ECU, Clubsport engine and gearbox.

I got a Holden Commodore VZ Executive V6 Auto and i'll be modifying the car and ill be dropping in a VZ Clubsport 6.0 L 349 hp Gen IV L76 engine along with air sprayed cover design of my avatar/profile pic logo on the engines cover also the HMD 4L65E gearbox will be added, the interior will have a HSV themed seats with a blue neon glow lighting effect, gauges, gauge vz pod holder, VZ Clubsport cluster, Head Up Display System, Dual Subwoofers 2,800w boxed up in the boot will be added along with a touchscreen entertainment and navigation system, The exterior will be a basic VZ SS but rebadge with chev badges, King Springs ultra lows and 18" Rims.

Lighting Effects

4 Blue LEDS underneath, 4 LED Blue Strips attached to the bonnet, 1 LED Blue strip behind the front grill, 2 Blue LED Strips inside the car and the blue glow will reflect on to the driver and passenger flooring, 4 LED Strips inside the boot. the LED control switches be located in the passenger side glovebox.

Note
So the list of things i chose is below here so have a look and also tell me what you think ill be updating this thread every once and awhile on the progress on this project.

Car
----------
2005 Holden Commodore VZ Executive Black

Exterior
--------------
Chevrolet Boot Badge
Chevrolet Grill & Badge
SS Badges
VZ SS Black Taillights
VZ SS Headlights
Ultra Low King Springs
VZ SS Wing W/Light
VZ SS Sid Skirts
VZ SS Front Bumper
VZ SS Rear Bumper
VZ SS Sid Skirts

Interior
------------
Pioneer Double Ported Box with 12" 2800w Subwoofer
Pioneer 2400w Mono Amplifier
Pioneer 6.1" 2Din All-in-one Entertainment & Navigation System
HSV Car Floor Mats
HSV Leather Look Seat Covers Black (front)
HSV Suede Valour Seat Cover Black (rear)
SAAS Volt Gauge - Black Face 52mm
SAAS Tacho Gauge - Black Face 52mm
Gauge Pod - Holden Commodore VY/VZ
HSV Clubsport Cluster
ifound Updated 2nd Gen ActiSafety Multi Car HUD Head Up Display System

Mechanic
---------------
Turbohydramatic HMD 4L65E heavy duty 4-speed electronic automatic
6.0 L 349 hp Gen IV L76
ECU

Extras
----------
SAC Jumpstart - 1900Amp
KT Intelligent Jumper Leads - 750Amp

Lighting
---------
2x LED Blue Strips (Front passenger and driver floor lighting)
3x LED Blue Strips (Boot Lighting)
5x LED Blue Strips (Bonnet & Grill Lighting)
5x SCA Toggle Switch (Switches be in glovebox on passenger side)

=============
47 Items Total
=============

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Why would you want to put Chev badges on it?
Why?
Why?
Why?

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Wow ! Very interesting project.

Would this be a trailered car to shows etc. or a Sunday, fair weather drive ? (future progress photos ?)

Don't want to sound rude, what sort of budget are you contemplating?

Best of luck with your project.

MrDJSilva

Reaction score
Website
mrdjsilva.com
Members Ride
Wow ! Very interesting project.

Would this be a trailered car to shows etc. or a Sunday, fair weather drive ? (future progress photos ?)

Don't want to sound rude, what sort of budget are you contemplating?

Best of luck with your project.

yes there will be photos when i get the time :)

also the budget will be around $9,000 which includes everything i need i know i mays well get a vz ss or clubsport but it really would show the passion of someone thats putting in the work im putting it :)

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Sorry for nit picking but the clubsport had the ls2 not l76.

Have you got a smashed up clubsport or something you're getting all the stuff out of? If not start looking. Buying all the bits individualy will end up costing you squilions!

Also if you want it to look like a show car leave the chev badges. They're so cheap and tacky looking :p

MrDJSilva

Reaction score
Website
mrdjsilva.com
Members Ride
Rofl i was expecting this with the chevy badge well matter affect the Chevrolet Lumina, Chevrolet Omega uses the same shells as the vz and features only rebadged and most likely using a different engine and gearbox so Holden and Chevrolet had a partnership of just rebadging and maybe doing a chevy theme to the car so the comments and hate about putting chevrolet badges on a holden is invalid due to the two companies partnership

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Rofl i was expecting this with the chevy badge well matter affect the Chevrolet Lumina, Chevrolet Omega uses the same shells as the vz and features only rebadged and most likely using a different engine and gearbox so Holden and Chevrolet had a partnership of just rebadging and maybe doing a chevy theme to the car so the comments and hate about putting chevrolet badges on a holden is invalid due to the two companies partnership

yeah I get all that but its just such a bogan look these days. Overdone and tacky imo. I dont even think it looks that bad. Just the stigma.

Make your car look nice. Do something else.

MrDJSilva

Reaction score
Website
mrdjsilva.com
Members Ride
Sorry for nit picking but the clubsport had the ls2 not l76.

Have you got a smashed up clubsport or something you're getting all the stuff out of? If not start looking. Buying all the bits individualy will end up costing you squilions!

Also if you want it to look like a show car leave the chev badges. They're so cheap and tacky looking :p

Nope just buying the engine, gearbox, ecu and cluster :p oh i only copied that off whatever wikipedia said i didnt double check xD

Well the car will mainly only be used for curses but yer i guess its mainly a show car :)