Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hsv avalanche wagon

jimmy.85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV AVALANCHE
I have an issue with my brakes or front suspension, when I brake it seems to clunk loudly as if something is loose, I'm not sure if it could be to do with the bushes or brakes. New rotors and pads any ideas?

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Was the noise present only after the brake repairs were done?
Contact your mechanic to get an evaluation of the problem.

Wheel nuts tightened to torque spec?

Maybe your Z bar bushes and LCA bushes are tired. Also the strut tower upper bearings can make a noise.

There are two special bolts which must be replaced when parts of the brakes are dismantled.
Haynes mentions replacement of the Caliper Guide Pin Bolts (two per side) as they are "self-locking"
I think they have a special "locking coating" on them. Have they not been replaced?

jimmy.85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV AVALANCHE
Ok I'll get it checked out I think. Does the standard Gregory's manual cover this model? As I'm looking at getting one but not sure if it covers my car.

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Ok I'll get it checked out I think. Does the standard Gregory's manual cover this model? As I'm looking at getting one but not sure if it covers my car.
Not certain what the Gregory's has in it. Looking around, each manual seems to carry different content, probably so that they can each sell a VZ owner a copy.