Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz alloytec otr intake

Svz07

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 svz holden ute
Hey guys! Just thought I'd share with you on how I went installing an otr on my vz alloytec 190.

Was fairly easy to install and straight forward with a few slight modifications, looks great and sounds pretty good too. Was a bit disappointed though on what gains it gave back to me as it seems like it hasn't done a lot over my 2 hole mod with a k&n filter.

I feel like it pulls a bit harder up high and down low than before though, so I guess you could say its a noticeable gain, and also it DID NOT bring on any engine lights or needs tuning. Still runs perfectly

Although I am thinking about getting a tune done to get the most out of it,
Pictures coming soon

Last edited:

Svz07

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 svz holden ute
How do you upload photos from iphone?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I'd like to see some pictures too , been thinking of OTR as well , any details would be welcome .

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Pretty sure there are very minimal gains on ANY V6 from an air intake.

Multiple tuners have stated that there is no restriction from the standard snorkel + paper filter combo. Unless the vehicle REQUIRES a higher volume of air, via cams, stroking, headwork etc. You're better off putting in a tank of 98.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Realistically it'll just make it more efficient , so it breaths better , might get small gains in performance but that's it .

Svz07

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 svz holden ute
Kiddo more than one tuner has recommended an intake, it's part of the process of seeing gains from your car. If you want more power you have to have more air coming in, then more coming out ( with aftermarket headers and exhaust) it has a quite noticeable difference compared to the stock setup and I've been told I could get up to 30rwkws from an otr, extractors, full exhaust and a tune

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Where did you get your alloytec VZ OTR/ how much/ what brand?
Looking into this for myself to change up from a growler but can't seem to find any that aren't specifically for a VE or a V8...