Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 Crewman SS LS1

VT Fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2 Wagon
Hi peeps, I am looking at buying a 2004 crewman ss and I was wondering what the fuel economy is like on these. I plan on pulling a 7' x 5' trailer behind the ute from time to time.

I have had VT/VX wagons and I got around 750 - 800 kms per tank ( no trailer ) on the highway so it would be good to know if the crewman would get at least 600km to a tank.

Thanks in advance for any help.

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
i average around 10-12L/100 with my vy calais ls1 on highway so based on that and 75L tank = 600-750.

it also depends on the fuel,oxygen sensors etc

yamahahatim

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss crewman
Towing tool 7x5 trailer with my 05 vz ss crewie.... I get 17-19...ltrs per 100... !!!!!........ empty, nothing in the back, 12-14 lts per 100.... on a trip, I
I've had as low as 8.3 lph loaded to the eyeballs....... remember, they have a pathetic small tank, so it seems your always at the servo...

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
"know if the crewman would get at least 600km to a tank."
I doubt it, I have a V6 which a 68.5 litre tank, and from 'empty' ie. flashing lights, I can get 45 litres into it.
So at average of 9-10litres/100km, I am lucky to get 400kms before I get anxious. Plenty of room in it to carry a couple of plastic fuel containers.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Hi peeps, I am looking at buying a 2004 crewman ss and I was wondering what the fuel economy is like on these. I plan on pulling a 7' x 5' trailer behind the ute from time to time.

I have had VT/VX wagons and I got around 750 - 800 kms per tank ( no trailer ) on the highway so it would be good to know if the crewman would get at least 600km to a tank.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The Crewies are probably the best tow vehicles holden have made, due to old school leafs and solid axle,
which has EBD too I think, unless it's just the Cross 6/8's that have it as part of the cross trak system, stops tank slappers.

Fuel econ depends on alot of things , if it's stock it'd benefit from a good dyno tune, then you'll see 9-10' on the highway.

But all in all the Crewie's a great vehicle.