Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DBA rotor failure

skootaroo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS wagon
Hi,
Has anyone else experienced a front brake rotor failure?
It is an exciting moment when the disc separates from its hub. The noises are interesting, you think, that's not the ABS yet! As you seem to accelerate.
Does anyone know if DBA would like their Rotor back, unworn, hardly used? IMG_20150225_180505.jpgIMG_20150224_184729.jpg

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hi,
Has anyone else experienced a front brake rotor failure?
It is an exciting moment when the disc separates from its hub. The noises are interesting, you think, that's not the ABS yet! As you seem to accelerate.
Does anyone know if DBA would like their Rotor back, unworn, hardly used?View attachment 177752View attachment 177751

I'm more than sure they would.
Why ask us, why not go to them??

This is the first time I've ever really heard of this happening (I'm sure it's happened before) but if your making out they make a **** product, please get in touch with them first and find out how they go about rectifying the fault.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Holy ####.

DBA are a good name. I'm willing to bet good money they would like their rotor back to find out exactly what went wrong.

The seller should give you a new rotor, if you contact DBA they might arrange it for you themselves.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Wonder if it was dropped before fitment. Or there was a fault in the fitment itself. Did you get them fitted by a Qualified Mechanic?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I've had two bad experiences with the T2's on mine (PBR, RDA as well) but to be fair my driving style (and the blower) was a contributing factor. Enter the T3 HD Series, can't fault them, like chalk and cheese to the Street Series. There's not much brake on a VS IMO, you really want good quality cast and hefty pads if you're spirited.

Nevertheless that should never happen unless your car looks twice as bad.

Like Acarmody said I'm sure they'll be REAL happy to sort your issue ;)

skootaroo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS wagon
Thanks for the support, they are off my Adventra so not high volume production and I think the all wheel drive gives me more confidence to push the car, but with the tyres warmed up and not pushing to ABS braking this really surprised me.
I'm a long way out of town to go seeing people about this, so yes I fit these myself, but they have had 18 months to settle in, this has really shocked me.
I see industrial failures all the time and have to solve the cause of the issue, this has me puzzled and if I am the only one here with this problem then it will rest but I'd hate to not say anything and let this possible issue go unnoticed.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Very rare, possibly a casting issue. Send it back to DBA so they can conduct failure analysis. If you want to post some in focus close photos of the fracture I will take a look and give you an opinion.