Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel usage and fuel additives.

Kaptainkordie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
My car computer was telling me I was getting 15l/100km. Bit high I thought.

So I put some injector cleaner stuff in the tank and it dropped to 9. Pretty impressed. Two tanks later it is up over 20. Funny thing is it doesn't feel like it is running different and whilst I didn't check mileage from the last tank it didn't seem that I filled up sooner than I expected.

Could it simply be something wrong with the computer?

The car is due for a service. Will the guys at the garage be able to check the computer?

Is there anything else I should ask them to look at?

Thanks guys

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Check your L/Km against your average speed. If your average speed is low, like 30kph then the L/Km will usually be high. Try doing a highway run and then see what your readings are then. Probably nothing wrong.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Every little squirt counts to bulk up the L/km readout.
I see a big difference when I switch to the (oh what's it called again) the immediate readout.
It can flash well over 60l/100km on acceleration.
I always hit the cruise button when over 40km/hr and notice how much lower the average is when the computer accelerates compared to my right foot which can not compare to the light throttle openings demanded by the computer.
What I am trying to say is there is no hope in hell getting back to back comparisons if every test is not conducted in the exact same conditions.