Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz Calais weird electrical problem

damo80

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz calais
Hi all. Had the weirdest thing happen today. While driving home I had the car beep at me with a brake error followed by esp fail while at the same time my stereo and fuel gauge stopped working. This would only last for maximum of say 5 seconds then fine again. This happened about 5 times. While this was happening the car was driving perfectly fine as well. If anybody has had the same problem or know what it could be please let me know. Thanks

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Plug in a decent scan tool and get any current and pending codes. It will be easier to advise then.

damo80

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz calais
It done it again today. This time brake error. Esp. Asp cam up on dash. Also radio went out and air con stopped but car kept going. Would alternator do that or would it be computer ??

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
check your battery first (have it load tested) they should be able to test alt at the same time, easy ones to start with

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Agreed, all the gremlins poke their head out when the battery is on it's way. Otherwise, Tech 2 or similar scan tool.

damo80

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz calais
I have a brand new battery in it. They did test the alternator when changing the battery and said it could do with changing. Just sounds weird. Cause it keeps running and only plays up for a few seconds. I am stumped and worried it is computer and thousands of dollars needed.

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Have you had ANY work done on it in the last month, or fiddled with ANYTHING?

damo80

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz calais
Nope. Nothing at all. Only the battery. I have also noticed that I can hear a click outside the car when I first turn the key from accessory to on before it goes to the starting position and I can see a quick flash on the dash of Klms and Averg fuel and that just for a micro second then I hear another click when the Holden signal comes up and does its check and passes all good.this is something that looks like a glitch as well as I have never noticed this before.

damo80

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz calais
Seems to be getting worse. I am loosing all electrics inside the car but still drives fine. The only electric but that works when it happens is the beeping telling me the errors in the centre screen on the dash. Everything else stops. Happens at night as well and headlights stayed on just everything in the car. Stumped.