Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz hand brake problem

vishwas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
Hi guys !!
When I try to pull the hand brake up its going down again !!
Can you please help me to solve this problem

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
is the ratchet engaging, do you pull it up without pressing in button, does it lock in in the up position then drop or wont engage at any point, a new handbrake lever with all the bits from holden was only $50 and fairly easy to install, bit fiddly and tight but easy,

vishwas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
is the ratchet engaging, do you pull it up without pressing in button, does it lock in in the up position then drop or wont engage at any point, a new handbrake lever with all the bits from holden was only $50 and fairly easy to install, bit fiddly and tight but easy,

The ratchet is not locking at any point !! It's simply going down whenever I pull it up !!

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
the mechanism is broken, you have to replace the complete handbrake assembly, the button assembly is linked via an plastic rod down to the base (where ratchet/teeth are) sounds like it is broken, replace with whole assy, you just remove the cover off your old one to fit to new assy, as I said $50 from holdens, did one in sons ute about 3 months ago