Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

roof lining

dgaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
My roof lining has started to come off above drivers sun shade, can the liner be glued on,( if so what glue to use) or not.

I have had 3 Commodores and all linings have come off. Cheers

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
son had his completely replaced in his ute for about $130, looks real good too, his came away just as yours did, where in qld are you?

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Yeah, it's pretty common for this to happen, they are pretty fragile these days. But there are guys out there that reglue them.
Maybe an auto trimmer?

I have done a couple myself but they never seem to turn out 100% perfect. I used spray glue that you can get from clark rubber or similar to stick them back up. But I also took the whole headlining out to do it. Probably need some new lining and foam to look real nice though. And you need to scrape off all the original glue/crap off the cardboard in order to make it stick properly.

dgaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Just north of Brisbane.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I used this sold by a company on the gold coast.....supposed to be able to handle the heat inside a car ...time will tell
They will sell to anyone over the internet 19 bucks plus freight..I used 2 cans on a sedan and I used fresh foam backed lining material

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I saw this as an opportunity to change my creamy beige grey hoodlining to all black :)

The actual hood lining was cheap, I got them to do the pillars at the same time.

I think the whole lot only cost about $300ish from memory from a mob @ Moorooka (motor trimmer).

Just shop around. Oh and btw it will only get worse. If I had the time I might have done it myself, but I'm lazy at times :)

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
son had his done on the coast, plenty of places advertise etc, do a google and see what you get

sassy19

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Commodore
Had that happen on my old VY. I ended up patching it up with some super glue (still looked terrible) and sold it.

Just recently bought a younger VZ and hoping it won't start peeling away. :eek:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Yeah, it's pretty common for this to happen, they are pretty fragile these days. But there are guys out there that reglue them.
Maybe an auto trimmer?

I have done a couple myself but they never seem to turn out 100% perfect. I used spray glue that you can get from clark rubber or similar to stick them back up. But I also took the whole headlining out to do it. Probably need some new lining and foam to look real nice though. And you need to scrape off all the original glue/crap off the cardboard in order to make it stick properly.

That's exactly what I used when mine came away from just by the windscreen , in all honesty you can't really notice it , but it was a minor niggle all the same , My Alfa Romeo , for all it's other quirks , has impeccable interior finish , the Italians do some things well .

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Until i can get be bothered to pull mine out and pay the $130 for it be done, i've used upholstery tacks to hold mine up (its sagging down all over :( )